Sybiz Vision Business Intelligence Centre
Copying, Pasting and Renaming Reports
You can copy and paste a report at any stage in the Report Manager. These functions are useful in Sybiz Vision Business Intelligence Reporting because all the Master reports are locked and you need to make a copy of these master reports. Use the copy, paste and renaming methods to create new reports from an existing report so you do not corrupt the master report.
To create a new report from an existing report:
1. Launch Sybiz vision BIC Report Manager.
2. Right-click on the report you want to make a copy of, for example, Sales Analysis.
3. To copy that report to the clipboard select Copy or click on the Copy icon in the menu bar.
4. Select a folder. You can choose the same folder that contains the original report or a different folder.
5. Right-click on the selected folder then select Paste.
6. Rename the newly copied report. By default, the name of the report is ‘Copy of <report name>’.
Note: You can use short-cut keys (Ctrl+C to copy the report and Ctrl+V to paste) instead of using the menus. Right-click on the report then choose Rename to give the report a different name. You now have an exact duplicate of the original report that will obtain its data from the same place, and deliver it in the same format, until you make any changes to this new report.